Friday, June 22, 2018

The Beach at Saint Fabian

To celebrate the summer solstice on 21 June, 2018, my partner and I walked along the beach at Saint Fabian (just up the road from our house in Le Bic). It was one of those magical evenings - the surface of the Saint Lawrence Seaway was smooth as glass, the sun low in the sky with nary a cloud, and temperatures a pleasantly cool 65F. An added bonus was picturesque driftwood scattered along the high tide line. I could not resist bringing a sample home. It was the third piece of wood I've gathered from the beach this summer, each of which currently adorns our landscape. The few biting insects, mosquitoes and black flies, were hardly a bother, contrasting with what we've recently encountered working in our garden. I imagine the mosquitoes will be around most of summer but we're hoping the black flies have a relatively short season. We'll see....

Beach at Saint Fabian

No comments:

Post a Comment